Thursday, May 21, 2009

H&A interview with Nippon Project

Another H&A interview by Nippon Project
(many thanks!)



Do you have a favorite anime or manga?

H&A: A lot.

Which would you cosplay from?
H: Crayon Shin chan.
A: Sailor Moon but definitely Angry.

Since you have video blogs, have you thought about writing a written blog?
H & A: No.

Who’s your favorite American celebrity?
H: Britney Spears and Michael Jackson.
A: Obama. (Giggles)

What is your favorite Michael Jackson song?
H: Bad.
A: ABC.

How many hairspray bottles do you use to get your hair to stay up?
H: 1/3 of the can.

Since this is your first overseas concert, do you want to visit or play in other places here?
H: Rockefeller Center and MGM.
A: The Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls.

You came to Earth to save the world from global warming, how do you plan to do that?
A: Turn lights off and pull plugs out from their sockets.
H: Turn water off often.

Do you have any input on the designs of the outfits?
H: I think about the outfit and then I think about what hairstyle would go best with the outfit.

What’s one place you would recommend your international fans go if they go to Japan?
H: Hangry & Angry in Harajuku.

What kind of musical background did you have when you were little?
H: Children songs.
A: I always listened to what my father listened to and he listened to pop.

Where is LOVE MACHINE now?
H: My garage.

Do you plan to sing your songs in other languages besides Japanese?
H & A: Maybe English.

Cake or Pie?
H & A: Cake.

What is your reaction in meeting your American fans?
H: Very sweet and upbeat.
A: Cute and dress themselves well.

How was your trip here?
H: Lots of jetlag.
A: I keep eating.

Can you describe how you formed Hangry & Angry?
H: h. Naoto approached us with the idea and asked if we wanted to collaborate with him.

Name a Japanese food you really like to eat.
H & A: A lot!
A: Sushi!

How do you relate to Hangry & Angry and what do they mean to you in your own words?
H: We can relate to Hangry & Angry but we know that this is a character. We respect the character though our real personality is different.
A: We judge each others appearance.
H: Angry’s fashion is really cute.
A: Sometimes we mix up characters. Hangry’s fashion is really punk and really cool but when I wear it, I don’t think I can pull it off.

You recently graduated from Hello!Project, do you have any future plans for your career?
H: Hangry & Angry is my life right now.
A: [in English] Me too!

When is the new Hangry & Angry single coming out?
A: [in English] “I don’t know!” but we will be playing a brand new song at the concert. Afterwards you can purchase it on MySpace and JapanFiles.

Since you mentioned you weren’t like the characters Hangry & Angry, how do you get yourself into character?
H: When I put on the clothes, the makeup & my hair done, I’m absorbing the character. And when I see the audience, I’m ready to rock on.

Would you or have you done modeling for h.Naoto?
A: We’ve been modeling for Hangry & Angry in Japan.

What Japanese bands do you listen to?
H: Morning Musume.
A: All Hello!Project.

Do you like any live action dramas?
A: I watch a lot of American dramas. Prison Break.
H: 24!
A: Heroes! Lost! But American dramas are so long so I gave up.

When you look into the audience do you see a sea of faces or individual people?
A: I see everything. I see everyone smiling and how excited they are and that gives me more energy to perform.

What do you do during your free time?
A: Eat. I love eating. (Giggles.)
H: Writing.

Do you cook or do you always eat out?
A: Yeah I cook, but I’m not good at it.

You’re selling out one-man’s and your MySpace page had 160,000 hits in the first three days. Were you expecting such instant success?
A: Not at all. We never knew that there were many international fans. Now that we’re here in Seattle and the fans are in front of us…it’s so hard to believe.
The internet brings the world together.
H: Internet rules.

What are you plans in Seattle?
A: …The seafood is good. (Laughs.)
H: I want to visit Starbucks.



Nippon Project would like to thank Hangry & Angry, Lynks Management and JapanFiles for this interview.


(Me says...) Yossi likes to write during her free time ~ ~ woot~ >_<

No comments: