Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Freudian slip, and a remarkable show of courage.



Yossi calling herself a 'man' from Saitama is the best Freudian slip ever! Although she herself noticed the slip, the damage was done. Then Mari asking Yossi 'don't tell me you're...' is pure gold too. Rika appeared slow in reacting; perhaps she wasn't paying attention and most probably was going through her coming speech in her mind. But when she knew what had happened, she wasn't really amused by it. I wonder why. The second time around, Yossi managed to say 'onna no ko' correctly but the crowd still jeered. She refuted "But I am a woman!" and even challenged the crowd if they wanted a body check. Kei and Mari shouted 'Hey!' and Yossi turned back and said "no, that won't do, right?" before turning back and said almost poutingly "because I'm an Idol." Although Yossi should be looking where Kei and Mari were, I self-willingly believe that she was actually looking at Rika and it was Rika's presence that made Yossi mention the no-nos of an Idol, as if she was suddenly reminded of something, like someone often admonishing her to behave like an idol.

When Rika turned back to look at Yossi (for affirmation?) when she said she was an ordinary 'onna no ko' who got to be a Morning Musume, I felt the vibes all so familiar. How many were like me and were reminded of the way Yossi had just looked at Rika? (ok, you may insist it were Kei and Mari.) The eye-contacts even though the stage was full of people; they were behaving as if only both of them were on stage. Later, they showed their unmatched rapport, again, when Rika had only mentioned 'from the same generation' and Yossi was already searching for the missing 4th Gen member. Going along, Rika told Yossi there's no need to look because there will always be 4 of them from 4th Gen. I never expected that coming from Rika and, to speak the truth, her words touched me deeply. Mainly because she was the last person on my mind that I think would dare to defy the management. Such bold statement. I would say it was a remarkable show of courage from Rika~ bravo!

And finally, not only to Rika, but to all of us as well, 4th Gen will forever be 'otosan, okasan, and musukodachi.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katatsumuri where are youuu?!!! T_T
It's been a month and no 1444 news.
:Sigh: oK... I'm done whining XDD
hope you're Ok.
Bye.

Anonymous said...

^ True dat. I think I'm even exhibiting withdrawal symptoms from the sudden lack of 1444 Kata insights >_<

Hope everything with you is fine though

Anonymous said...

^ Same here T^T

Pamela said...

I don't like hoow Japan treats their fallen idols really... it is af if they are talking someone.who-shall-not-be-named... It seems retraded to me...