Friday, June 19, 2009

Rika @Gokigenyou

Rika in Gokigenyou was truly entertaining.
There are things about Rika we should now know.

* Rika loves her family right profile. Whenever she is out with her mother or sisters, Rika always walk on the right as she carries her bag over her right shoulder. So, she always see her family right profile. Thus she loves it, because whenever she sees it, it means she's together with them.
* Rika loves karaage (deep-fried food), dislikes live birds, and is very particular about the juices she drinks.

16th Jun topic: Idol Gap 10
Rika was asked to name 10 changes in her (being an idol).

1. Oyaji kusai - She uses 'old men' languages.

2. Osake nomu - She drinks sake. Before she only drinks umeboshi, but recently she enjoys wine.

3. TOILET iku - She will go to the washroom. This drew laughter from the audience but the host knew what Rika was trying to say because apparently in Japan, Idols don't visit public washrooms.

4. Private wardrobe is out of fashion - Last time she always heard members say that her dressing was bad. When she went shopping, she would just buy the whole set on a mannequin since she thought it must be good if it was on display. Nowadays, her younger sister is her clothes coordinator. Her younger sister would tell her straight that her choice of clothes is bad or lousy. She thinks her younger sister has very good fashion sense.

5. Senbei suki - They didn't go into this. It simply means she likes to eat senbei now.

6. Sensou eiga miru - She watches war-theme movies. She always prefer documentary over love movies.

17th Jun : DOHYA~
(note: I may be wrong in some translation because she talked too fast for me)
I don't know what the topic means but Rika talked about being bullied when young.

Case 1: Rika remember during her Primary 3 school days that her class had 15 students. Once, one of the students birthday was approaching and she realized she wasn't invited to the birthday party. Actually two weren't invited, but it turned out it was because the other girl couldn't make it as she was away. When Rika told her mother about being left out, her mother told her 'Don't go then' as if it wasn't a big deal. However, when Rika celebrated her birthday, her mother had told her to invite everybody from the class, and they all came.

Case 2: Rika loved to collect erasers, such as those fruit and vegetable-shaped ones that smell like the real thing. Once, she brought a collection of it to school and it got stolen. She let the matter go, but one day when she went to a classmate's place she found her rubber collection there. Although she didn't approach her classmate, her classmate, too, hadn't bother to return or apologize for the theft. When Rika got home, she told her mother about her stolen erasers but was scolded instead for searching around people's home. The host interrupted and felt Rika's mother had done the right thing instead of sympathizing and saying how pitiful Rika was, an action that would turn the child into a whiner. The host then asked Rika if she is now grateful to her mother, Rika agreed whole-heartedly.

Case 3: After school, Rika would take the bus home with 3 or 4 other classmates. One time, she couldn't find her friends at the bus-stop and went around searching for them. Then she called home and told her mother that her friends were missing and her mother told her to wait where she was. As Rika's home was near the bus stop, her mother then stood outside waiting. When Rika's friends really came back without Rika, she approached them and asked "Where's Rika?". Rika's friends fumbled with their answers and apologized, then she said "Next time, please wait for Rika" and went and fetch Rika, who had been waiting for an hour. The host felt Rika's mother had handled the situation well.

Back then, Rika didn't feel that she was bullied; in fact, she thought her childhood days were happy. Only now when she recounted such incidents and her listeners told her "You're being bullied!" that she realized she was a victim of bullying. Thus the host thinks Rika has a great mother.

18th Jun: Kikkake (explanation: an excuse to change)
For Rika, it was 'chain', door chain.

"I live alone now, but before, I lived with my older sister. Because of work, my older sister often came home later than me. I would be asleep by the time she got back, and she would chain up the door. But there were times when I would get home later than her and would find the door chained from inside. Then I had to call her and she would come open it, apologizing. When it happened not once but twice consecutively, I told her "stop it please" as it was late and the kachan kachan noise the door made against the chain restrain would disturb the neighbours. Then the 3rd time came. It was very late at 3am in the morning and I found myself locked out again. I called her cell phone but she's asleep, dead to the world. Then I called the house's phone and despite the loud ringing, she would not wake up. I was desperate to get in as I was very tired so I called up our mother, and it was 3am. She answered and wondered what's wrong. I told her "I couldn't get in because sister chained up the door, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?" and became angry at her instead. Then my mother said my sister had two cell phones and I could try both numbers. I said 'Wait a minute, I never knew sister had another cell phone number." My mother said she would try calling and sure enough, my sister woke up and opened the door for me. I was so angry that I told my sister never to chain up again, but she objected. So I am now living alone.

Host: "You stopped living together with your sister because of this matter?"

"Well, not really, there are other things."

No comments: